Thursday, January 23, 2003

Making of Mix CDs

I'm so in the mood to make some cds, but my imagination is going. Well it's been focusing so long on the story. So since I'm burning out a bit right now. I'm pondering some mixes. I want to make 3 cds in the next few days. On top of the 44 shows I'm going to be burning for trades. Yes I know I'm insane. I freely admit it, and my music is what keeps me happy.

I want to do a mix of Bowie tunes, some Costello tunes and a mellow tunes cd with various artists Upon finding out that one of my favorite not so well known bands, the Devlins have had a CD out for several months I've added them to the mellow collection along with the Counting Crows and Tori Amos.

What I've been trying to think of is a theme for my Costello collection. We have the Relationship Rollercoaster CD, I want to do something different. Something like the compilations that I did for Oingo Boingo. Then there is the option of a Gothy Dark and Brooding CD. I have many bands that would fit on that kind of CD: Siouxsie, Bauhaus, Love and Rockets, the Smiths..etc

Anyone care to inspire me?

0 comments: