Tuesday, September 03, 2002

Welcome back to my rantings kidlets

Lets see I promised to list 20 more cds that you should all own..plus some of my favorite Costello Lyrics..

I think I'll start with the continuing top twenty..

1. Sting Mercury Falling
2. Siousxsie and the Banshees Peepshow
3. Fleetwood Mac Tango in the Night
4. Matchbox 20 Yourself or someone like you
5. Elvis Costello Spike
6. Elvis Costello & the Attractions Imperial Bedroom
7. Cheap Trick Lap of Luxury
8. the Beatles Rubber Soul
9. the Beatles Revolver
10. Planet of the Apes 2001 film score (by Danny Elfman)
11. Edward Scissorhands film score (by Danny Elfman)
12. XTC Oranges and Lemons
13. Olivia Newton John Physical
14 Siouxsie and the Banshees Superstition
15. Sarah McLaughlin Fumbling towards Ecstasy
16 Elton John Reg Strikes Back
17 George Harrison Cloud Nine
18. Billy Joel Storm Front
19. Depeche Mode Black Celebration
20 Peter Murphy Deep

Ok..there's the list kidlets...get yourselves out there and stimulate the economy..cos god knows it needs stimulating

Now onto my favorite EC lyrics...

don't know what we did but I'm sorry if it made you cry
And if there's any justice at all I'd be punished for it I'd surmise
It will mark the spot very well where I fell
Under the shadow of the distorted angel
Beneath the shadow of the distorted angel
Below the shadow of the distorted angel
Angel
Beneath the shadow of the distorted angel
Below the shadow of the distorted angel
Angel

~ Distorted Angel from the album All this Useless Beauty

Our brief acquaintance was such a mistake
Now it seems more like a sentence
Or something you always had to fake
This magic moment concludes when they turn out the light
It's not the days when you leave me
But all I fear are the nights
But all I fear are the nights

~ It's Time from the album All This Useless Beauty

And if you still don't like my song then you can just go to hell
I don't care if I'm right or wrong or if my typewriter can spell
But I cannot promise you I've said "Goodbye" to childish things
There's still some pretty insults left and such sport in threatening

~ Little Atoms from the album All This Useless Beauty

And still I want her right now
Not any minute, hour or day
And wherever she is tonight
I want her anyway
I suppose she never said to you,
You were just in the way

~ Blue Chair from the album Blood and Chocolate
You're not the girl next-door or a girl from France
Or the cigarette-girl in the sizzle hot-pants
All the words of love seem cruel and crass
When you're tough and transparent as armoured glass
You're everywhere girl in an everyday mess
Who'll pay for the Crimes of Paris

~ Crimes of Paris from the album Blood and Chocolate
But from my chequered past
To this shattered terrace
Where you can't keep your mind off
the Crimes of Paris
And you can't keep your peace
And try to forget it
And I can't forgive you
For things you haven't done yet

Oh I was anybody's boy
But soon that thrill just fades
To be the love of one true heart
Or the Jack of all parades

~ Jack of All Parades from the album King of America
You're so sweet
You're so honest
You say `I'll be true to you boy'
But I won't promise
Then you say you love me
Then you show me
As you lie there so lifelike below me

~ Lovable from the album King of America
Trying to be so bad is bad enough
Don't make me laugh by talking tough
Don't put your heart out on your sleeve
When your remarks are off the cuff

~ Riot Act from the album Get Happy..

I think that's enough for now..

My mood..Happy yet tired

My Music: Juice Newton Love's been a little bit hard on me