Monday, October 01, 2012

Let's Talk About Health Care

Most people don't think about this until they are sick or old.

I'm paying my parents bills and let me tell you there are some things about health care that suck.

Coinsurance...you know for those treatments that cost a lot....like chemo and or those fucking Procrit shots my dad takes every other week...oh and his breathing treatments.

Let me tell you how the hospital works.

Each time you go to Mon Valley Hospital they issue you a new account number. They do this also when you go to the Oncology/Hematologists. Procrit shots avg about 4000.00 a pop. Thanks to my dad's insurance they are only $40.00 to $80.00 depending on the dose. But those add up. And with everyone's regular prescriptions an extra $122 to $162 a month make things a little stiff.

We're going to be eating ramen a lot in the next few months I think. And my credit card is totally broken.

2 comments:

eViL pOp TaRt said...

Ow! Going to a hospital is so costly and worrisome! I'm sorry your parents get hit so bad.

rashbre said...

You are having to deal with so much. My best wishes, rashbre.