Friday, February 25, 2011

Top 5 On Friday




Top 5 songs that bore you to tears



You guys know the drill. Play along in the comments or in your journal. This meme is created for my site Music Memoirs. Feel free to go there and check out my other weekly memes and play along.

1. The Moody Blues - Nights In White Satin: Sorry Justin, this song bores me to tears, always has always will.

2. The Moody Blues - Words You Say: It would be impossible not to have this epic monstrosity by my lovely Lodgey on this list, especially if I'm picking on Justin. Actually this song also fits on my list of songs that make no f-ing sense. Still boring though it is, it makes me laugh when I play it.

3. Duran Duran - Winter Marches On: This is the worst song on one of their best albums. It is a total snoozefest and it really feels out of place on Notorious.

4. Erasure - A Long Goodbye: Yup, the title pretty much sums it up. On an album of LOOOOONG ambient techno pop, this is one boring boring boring song, not worthy of Vince and Andy's usual brilliance.

5. Elvis Costello - North...the whole freaking album!! Erm...no let me narrow it down: Let Me Tell You About Her. Dear God, I know...this album is brilliant..yada yada yada, but Elvis doing slow Krallesque jazz is a bit of a disappointment for me. This whole album puts me to sleep.

1 comments:

Malcolm said...

Besides "Nights In White Satin", I haven't heard any of these songs. Maybe if I am suffering from insomnia, I'll give the other tunes a listen. By the way, credit to you for picking songs by some of your favorite artists.