Saturday, February 19, 2011

Farewell My Borders

As many of you know, Borders filed for bankruptcy protection earlier this week. They also announced the closing of many of their stores, 2 of which affected me greatly. The one I will miss the most is the one located near South Hills Village Mall in the Pittsburgh burbs.

From the time I was in high school I frequented that store. I did so even more when I worked at "The Village" for a time after college, when I aspired to be a retail manager for Kaufmann's.  I had a lot of friends that worked in that store. I loved that store. They carried Q magazine from the UK...and I devoured that one like candy for the longest time. They also carried all the Doctor Who mags, which are not easy to find here in the US.

Oh and the music! When I first discovered the store, they carried all sorts of import CDs. Any album I was looking for, I could find there, or they could order it.

It is sad to see it go. I loved that store, and even though in recent years, I didn't shop there as often as I did before, I'm going to miss it.

RIP Borders South Hills. You will be missed.

1 comments:

Mike said...

Three of them are closing in St. Louis. Luckily not the one near our house.