Wednesday, February 09, 2011

I Have A Gripe

I hate the price of eBooks. Unless you are buying a book that has just been released in hard cover format, you aren't saving any money.

If the book is out in paperback, the ebook saving is equal to the saving you would get buying the physical copy at a store like Walmart or Target.

What is up with that?

At least when it comes to music, there is a huge difference in the price of a CD and a download.

Is it the pirating that keeps the costs low?

That's the only explanation I have for this strange phenomenon. Yet, eBooks are outselling regular books 2:1 these days. I actually think its more than that...but you catch my drift.

Which is why the only eBooks I have are ARCs from the publisher or free ones I can grab on Barnes and Noble's website.

1 comments:

Mike said...

"I have a gripe."

NO WAY!!!!!!

"What's up with that?"

It's called the early adoptor cost. You get to pay for the engineering costs so us late adoptors don't. Thanks.