Sunday, February 27, 2011

Its No Wonder People Are Angry

I wonder how anyone can think the economy is going to get any better any time soon.

I filled up my tank today for $29.00

That's for a little over 8 gallons of gas. My Focus is pretty fuel efficient.

However, as I explained to a family member, going to a concert is going to be getting pretty pricy. As if ticket prices aren't high enough for major artists, parking costs and gas to get to the shows are going to become close rivals.


If gas does hit $5.00 the cost to fill up the tank after a drive to First Niagara Pavillon will cost close to $40.00. And let me tell you if you are traveling there from my neck of the woods, either way you chose to go, will use up about half a tank of gas.

Its scary.

I have a feeling this is going to be another Staycation year. Thank God I have a lot of books to read.

4 comments:

Bilbo said...

I'm with you. The cost of going up to PA to visit my family is going up fast...and just getting around the DC/Northern VA area, where everything is so spread out and there's no good neighborhood public transportation, is starting to cost an arm and a leg. Yuck.

Unknown said...

We pretty much stopped doing roadtrips, which we used to do quite often, and 5 bucks will probably make that permanent. Its sad when it is more economical to fly somewhere than do drive. Its kind of crazy.

Jean-Luc Picard said...

It would cost over $100 to fill up our tank here, I estimate

Rob said...

Between gas prices and food prices, we hardly go anywhere.