Wednesday, February 02, 2011

Do You Remember

When salad bars were just salad bars?

I got a coupon sheet from Ponderosa today and I got to thinking back to when I was a little girl. When my family would go to Ponderosa you followed a cafeteria line from the time you placed your order until you reached the register. And you had your food when you got there!

For awhile, you got a tiny wooden bowl of salad as you made your way down the line. Then the first salad bar arrived. It was tiny and had all the basics, veggies, bacon bits and croutons.

Then the food bar arrived.

Oye vey.

The salad bar grew up.

Now Ponderosa is pretty much a buffett with steak and seafood.

It is kind of depressing, because I think the food was better when they stuck to the basics. However they do make great fried chicken!

0 comments: