Thursday, November 04, 2010

What I'm Reading

I picked up a copy of Kathy Reich's Bare Bones when I was at the YMCA awhile back and I finally got around to reading it.

All I can say to people who are fans of the series Bones, which was inspired by these books, you'll be in for a sad awakening. Brennan isn't much like her TV counterpart, but that's not to say the books aren't fantastic, because it really is.

If you like CSI type things, this is definitely a series worth checking out, even if Bones is a bit more human in the books.

I now have two more books from the series sitting on the shelf waiting to be read.

How sad is that?

Like I need to bring more books home!

Better still, like they won't still be at the YMCA when I finish this one!

3 comments:

Mike said...

I like bones!

Bilbo said...

I have only read one of the "Bones" books, and I was also surprised to find that the Bones of the Books was so different from the one on TV. That said, I like the one from the TV better (which is strange, because I usually prefer the books). Maybe it was because I had gotten hooked on the TV show before I read the books.

Jean-Luc Picard said...

The Tempe books are the real thing, but the tv series isn't.