Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Doctors Annoy Me

I had to take mom and dad to their primary care doctors yesterday. Their appointments were @ 3:15 and 3:45, but the doctor usually sees them together.

We arrived at the office around 3 o'clock, early for both appointments, right?

Oye!

I knew that they were going to be awhile, when I saw a waiting room overflowing. So I went to KMart (10 minute drive from the office) to buy our Christmas tree.

Came back at about 3:45, which is the time my Dad's appointment was scheduled for. They are both still sitting there. I then said I was going to take the tree home, and I'd be back. Drove home, another 10 minutes there and back. It is now 4:20, and guess what? They still aren't in for their appointment!!

They both went in about 10 minutes later and didn't finish up until about 5:30!!!

Can I get an ARGH please?

Doctor's have no regard for time.

I truly think that when patients are made to wait over an hour for their appointments they should at least have the decency of apologizing for the wait.

It is a good thing most of the people in the waiting room were there for wellness visits, because if any of them passed on germs...I think I would have gone ballistic!!!

3 comments:

Mike said...

Doctors and latex gloves are a pain in the butt.

Jean-Luc Picard said...

That's very true. Time means nothing to a doctor, no matter how long the patient waits.

Bilbo said...

AARRGGHH!! (I gave you a double ARGH in honor of your experience). I think I've told you about the time I went for an appointment - made less than a week earlier - and waited for an hour in an examining room without seeing a doctor. When I went back to the check-in desk to ask how much longer I'd have to wait, they told me that the doctor I was waiting for wasn't even there on that day! You can give me an ARGH back.