Monday, November 29, 2010

The Best Book I've Read In A While

For those of you that like a bit of chicklit, I want to recommend a book called Planning To Live by Heather Wardell.

It is a very quick read, only about 220 pages long, but those twenty pages are wonderful.

Its about a woman (Rhiannon) who has spent most of her life planning for things. She struggles with her weight and hopes that when she's lost 40 pounds her life will be better. She'll look good in her bridesmaid dress and she won't embarrass her friend Sandra at her wedding, even though her weight doesn't matter to Sandra at all.

Heather Wardell really captures the way so many women feel.

I don't think I've ever loved a character in a book as much as Rhiannon.

I only wish that Fleetwood Mac song wouldn't have gotten stuck in my head while I was reading it!

1 comments:

Jean-Luc Picard said...

Thje the reader can empathise with the character, it's great.