Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Christmas Mix CD Making

Last weekend I started making the Christmas CD cards that I mail to some friends and post here for all my internet friends to snag.

I hope to have it done by Black Friday. I have about 6 songs on this one. I'm doing my best not to duplicate songs from year to year, which gets difficult because there are some artists that I absolutely love.

If it really were up to me, The Moody Blues' Don't Need A Reindeer would be on every Christmas CD along with Elvis Costello's St Stephen's Day Murders. The Pogues' Fairytale of New York would be there too. These are some of my favorite not so classic holiday tunes.

But there's always room for something different, right?

This year there's a Christmas CD by Annie Lennox, and I finally got a copy of Tommy James' I Love Christmas. So expect songs from those CDs to make it on the disc.

I can't wait to finish it up and get them sent and posted for you guys.

Music is really what makes my Christmas...

Oh and Christmas books!

1 comments:

Bilbo said...

I think I sent you a copy of Marty Robbins' "One of You in Every Size," which is one of my very favorite non-traditional Christmas songs. I look forward to this year's Christmas mix!