Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Tuesday Tunes Week 98 On Wednesday

From Music Memoirs a day late.

Summer 09 is slowly winding down. Tell us some of your favorite musical moments from this summer. Concerts, albums songs etc.

Summer 09 was dry for concerts for me because everything I wanted to see either came during the week or cost too much money or both, but I did catch 2 free shows and both were excellent, the first was Sarah Marince, the voice behind the Eat N' Park jingles. She's Pittsburgh's answer to Taylor Swift and she's just a sweet person, and that's not even mentioning her fantastic voice (And wardrobe!)

Next was Deni Bonet in Oglebay Park. Deni rocks! There's no other way to put it. If you are anywhere and you hear she's playing, check her out, you won't be disappointed.

Now for albums..OMG so many and they are still coming. My favorite releases are Gloriana's self titled debut, which is pop with a country twist. Next up...I have to say it, and I'm not even ashamed to admit it. I love Mitchel Musso's CD! I'm not too big on all the Disney kids having acting and music careers. I think most of them should find a career path and take it...and the J Bros should just go away...but Mitchel is pretty good and his song Hey sticks in my head every time I hear it. I also love Colbie Callait's Breakthrough that just came out.

I also couldn't get away from Michael Jackson's Man In The Mirror. Its probably my favorite of his songs. Through his death I came to appreciate his music more. I also came to feel pity for a man who had so much of everything including problems. His death was a huge loss to music.

So much good music. So little time.

0 comments: