Friday, August 21, 2009

Top 5 On Friday: Week 236

From Music Memoirs




Top 5 artists that you hope will put out a better album then their last.

1. Duran Duran: I don't think there's been an album as horribly awful as Red Carpet Massacre. That album made me violently ill. The guys need to redeem themselves because when an album tops Thank You on their most unlistenable albums chart, well its time to make some changes.

2. The Moody Blues: First let me say, I adore December, its one of my favorite holiday albums ever, but for a band that's been around for more than 40 years...well they need something different now and they definitely don't need December to be their swansong, so come on Justin, John, Graham! Get your asses in gear and write me a brilliant album. I'm keeping the faith that you can do it!

3. Elvis Costello: Elvis does at least two brilliant albums every 10 years, sometimes more. I have enjoyed his last few albums, particularly the recent one Secret Profane and Sugarcane, but I'm waiting for the next Costello album that's going to blow me away, like When I Was Cruel, Blood & Chocolate and Brutal Youth. Though he is releasing El Mocambo after all these years, this Sept so I kinda forgive him!

4. Keri Noble: The record company messed with her so much that she had one album out in Japan almost a year before her current self titled CD. I bought Let Go, but had to buy the other one for a few song changes on the US release. Here's hoping the labels don't screw her for her next album. Its damn annoying, because Keri is an awesome songwriter/performer and she deserves better than this bs.

5. U2: I think the problem is that the band really just jumped the shark and there's nothing they can do to get back their brillance. For the most part their recent albums have had one good song on them, but well...No Line On The Horizon was really awful and the How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb was mind blowingly bad. If they can't release good music, Bono should just stick to trying to save the world. At least there he's doing something worthwhile and not polluting the airwaves with crap.

0 comments: