Sunday, August 16, 2009

One Of The Saddest Songs

I've been reading Loretta Lynn's first autobiography Coal Miner's Daughter

That also prompted me to hunt down Loretta's music and in doing so I discovered one album that she recorded with Dolly Parton, a huge favorite of mine, and Tammy Wynette. The album I'm talking about is Honky Tonk Angels

Now we all know I listen to everything, but with country I'm selective and old time country isn't really high on my list of listening material, but this album is so pretty. I particularly loved Silver Threads & Golden Needles, but when I heard Let Her Fly I burst into tears. It was such a beautiful and sad song, and it made me think of Grandma and that alone usually prompts a flood of tears. I miss grandma terribly.

Go ahead and listen to Let Her Cry and you'll understand what I mean.


Let Her Fly - Dolly Parton;Tammy Wynette;Loretta Lynn

0 comments: