Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Its Just Dawned On Me

The only concerts I've seen this year were free ones, which is nice, but I've not seen any of my favorite major label artists at all this year, whether it was because of cost, or the date or location of a show, I've just not had the chance to see anyone.

Its kind of depressing. I pride myself at seeing at least one concert a year, and technically I have. I saw Deni Bonet this past weekend, a great show that I highly recommend to anyone that has the opportunity to see her and Sarah Marince a local girl who has her eye on Taylor Swift's star.

Everyone I like has either come during the week (and I hate being out late on work nights) or the cost has been way too much. Diana Krall's show @ Heinz Hall was over $100 for good seats.

As much as I love concerts I just don't have the money for those things right now, and I live far enough away that catching live shows isn't easy, not that I want to live anywhere near the city. My property taxes are high enough now.

Stamps foot!

I want a real concert this year! OK, I want a mainstream concert.

0 comments: