Thursday, August 27, 2009

Thursday Thirteen

Thirteen things about my beloved Purrbee

My doggie took a turn for the worse. I think we will be calling a vet soon, if he doesn't cross the rainbow bridge. To the best of my knowledge he had a stroke last night.

1. Purrbee came home with us from a little family run pet shop in Uniontown Mall.

2. He is part beagle and part spaniel of some sort. (But he's a bigger than the avg beagle so I think the spaniel in him might be springer)

3. He is 14 years old

4. Several times in his life he tried to use the litter box. I'm pretty sure he thought he was a cat a few times.

5. He loved to sleep in my bed, but not with me. No, Purrbee had to have the bed all to himself and he'd get under the covers and come up to put his head on the pillow.

6. He's a gentle dog and he loves his people.

7. He was scared of the basement. Most of our dogs would chill in the basement if we went out without a problem, Purrbee almost chewed a hole in the door when we did that.

8. My nephew used to sing to him when he was a puppy, "Purrbee is a nice little dog." So much so that we still sing it, because its true. Purrbee is a nice little dog.

9. He hates dog food. Anything off the table suited him better than a bag of kibble.

10. Purrbee never learned to sit up. He just sat his nose down on your lap and gave you that pathetic puppy look until you gave him food.

11. He got along with all of the other animals in our house.

12. He's the cutest thing



13. He's one of the best dogs I've ever had the opportunity of loving. Purrbee, I love you, and if you choose to go across that bridge today, know that I love you so very much and that Grandma Rehula will be waiting with scraps for you on the other side, along with some of your kitty friends, Buddah, Misty and Itchy.

I want to add a 14 now, just in case any of you wonder how he got the name Purrbee. He started out as M & M because we named 2 of our doggies after candy bars (Hershey and Snickers) then we tried Junior (Mints), but he didn't like that either. So we'd talk jibberish to him, and Purrbee was something I started and he answered to. He has many nicknames: Purrb, Purrbeeola, Pee Bee....He's a silly old boy...I wish I could get a miracle.

0 comments: