Monday, August 03, 2009

Missing Mondays


The purpose of Missing Mondays is to remind ourself of things we liked/loved/enjoyed but are things that we don't have anymore or can't have easily. I've decided to make this a regular Monday post too. Its my meme, but you guys can play along if you want!

When I was out and about yesterday, we did a lot of talking about Bedford, PA and Old Bedford Village and I got to thinking about all the little stores in the cute mountain town. One of them that I remember fondly was a candy store that sat on the main street of town.

There just aren't that many fun candy stores anymore. Sure we have places like Sarris Candies and Gene and Boots, but those are chocolate stores. I like penny candy...like Swedish Fish and those raspberry and blackberry gumdrops, but what I really think about when I think of a candy store are those fruit slices. I find it strangely funny that fruit slices are the first thing that comes to mind when I think of Bedford. This is the website of the store we used to go to when we were there to go to Shawnee State Park.

Do any of you remember or like those fruit slices?

My mom and I loved them! They came in a rainbow of colors and flavors and were shaped like a slice of watermelon. I loved raspberry, cherry and grape!

Why can't you find good fruit slices anymore? I've found them in packages but they don't taste right. The jelly candy isn't thick enough.

The bulk candy stores in the mall like Icky Sticky and Goo used to carry them, and those were good, but there just aren't many stores like that around anymore. I haven't had a good fruit slice in ages. I want one so badly right now? Anyone know where I might get some instant gratification?

What do you miss?

0 comments: