Monday, August 24, 2009

Missing Mondays


It would be safe to say I already miss Lancaster County and all the good things there. Lancaster is a county rich in tradition and rich in yummy food.

~GAH~

My belly expands thinking of the chicken and mashed potatoes and pies I ate over the weekend. Not to mention the jams, relishes and breads.

So much food, so little time!

Its easy to miss.

But that's not all I already miss about Lancaster. I miss the beauty of the farm country. You can't go more than a few miles without seeing a barn and a silo. I miss the Amish and their buggies. The markets on the side of the road selling veggies, fruits, canned goods and baked goods.

I've always loved that part of the state. Its been close to 17 years since I've spent time there. I hope I don't have to wait that long to visit there again. You can see some of my photos from Lancaster here

0 comments: