Monday, August 10, 2009

Missing Mondays



Do any of you Southerners remember the restaurant, Pofolks?

They're still around but not in my area anymore.

There used to be one in South Park, that my family and I would go to on Sundays. The country fried steak and chicken and dumplings there were out of this world.

It seemed like one week it was there and then it was gone.

I heard originally the father who owned the chain passed away leaving the restaurant to his wife and son. There was a dispute over what to do with it so they abandoned ship, but apparently the son, got things started in the south again.

~sigh~

There was many a good meal had a PoFolks! I'd love to have some good chicken and dumplings again! Even Cracker Barrel can't live up to that goodness!

What do you guys miss?

0 comments: