Thursday, December 17, 2009

I'm Making A List

I'm even checking it twice.

I need to sort out what I need to get done before Christmas. Sadly there's still a lot of stuff.

I've got the presents and whatnot sorted out. Everything is bought there. I still have cleaning to do and some grocery shopping that can't be done ahead of time. Then there is the baking, we've decided on making about 3 different kinds of cookies. We're a small family at the holidays anymore. There's no point in going nuts when its just the usual crew celebrating.

However it still means more than usual cleaning.

We're packrats living in a house that doesn't have packratting space. Not a good thing, especially when one of the packrats doesn't like to get rid of stuff! Oye and vey!

But starting tonight I'm going to start getting more cleaning done. Starting in the kitchen and working my way through the dining room to the bedrooms. By Christmas Day, damn it, I will have our house looking passable. We'll never have a better homes and garden type house. Our house is old and neither my parents, nor I make a lot of money to fix things. But I will get it looking better if it kills me. And it just might.

Wish me luck.

I hate holiday cleaning! I'd rather shop. (And at the holidays that's saying a whole helluva lot!)

0 comments: