Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Favorite Authors

I figured that after I spent yesterday griping about the fact I haven't read enough in the last few months, I'll at least give you a nice list of the authors I really love, so you will remember that I do love reading.

Debbie Macomber: She started out writing for Harlequin, and still does. Her stories are about families, real people. Her romances are light and could really be read by anyone that really wanted to give them a go.

Stephanie Bond: Oo La La! Her novels for the Harlequin Blaze line are hot and spicy, kinda like a good Mexican dish. Her Body Movers myster series is fun and funny a'la Janet Evanovich.

Janet Evanovich: When she writes, I smile. I haven't really been able to figure out what genre she falls in. She's not romance. She's more like humorous suspense. I really wish her books would be made into movies.

Nick Hornby: My favorite British author. His books are often hit or miss with me, but I've loved so many of them, that he has to make this list.

Victoria Holt/Jean Plaidy: May this wonderful writer rest in peace. She really did great suspense and great historical accounts of the royal families of Europe. I've read more of her novels than I can count.

Marion Chesney/Jennie Tremaine: Tilly was the first romance novel I ever read. I love her regency novels. I devour them as soon as I get them.

Richard Paul Evans: Heartwarming stories that stay with you forever. I always shared these with my gram. I hope there are books in heaven. If there aren't...well that's a spoiler for me.

Ann Rice: Vampires Mummies and Jesus Christ. She's written about them all and she's done each topic well. Screw Twilight, this is the lady to read.

So these are some of the authors I love, how about you?

0 comments: