Sunday, August 24, 2003

Thoughts meander like a restless wind.....

Oh hell, for the past year I was sure that Rufus Wainwright did the best cover of "Across the Universe." I was sadly wrong, very wrong. I'm doing a 5 cd chain of Moody Blues rarities and concerts for a yahoo trading group I belong to. I never paid much attention to all the tracks on the compliation I have called "Sun and Moon" until just now. Justin Hayward is singing "Across the Universe." This is the second Beatles song I've heard him lend his voice to, and again I find myself pushing away the original version in favor of Mr. Hayward's.

Stop this, Justin! It is so very wrong to make me like Beatles songs less then cover versions.

And while my thoughts are meandering....I'm working on the Quintessential Burn....I've got the first 2 discs burned and I'm up to the letter H! It's a good thing this burn doesn't have to be done until Sept 29. I have time to trim it down I'm hoping it doesn't go over 4 discs...any bigger box set than that and I'm calling for the men in white coats!

Just a note to all of you that care...the Costello track that made the cut...Riot Act!

0 comments: