Wednesday, August 20, 2003

And So This Is Christmas

Thanks to the band that I adore most in the world, I'm depressed and aggravated. Why you make ask? Why you may have asked twice, because you're baffled by the subject line of this post. Allow me to explain:

From many sources that I've been reading, it seems that the new Moody Blues CD is going to be Christmas themed. Allow me to take my Moody Man and beat the living poopy pooh out of him.

Yes my darlings, I'm not a fan of Christmas music. Sure I do make a Christmas mix cd each year; so that I don't go all scroogelike, but I've never been one to buy a whole cd, unless it was something special.

These are the Christmas CDs that I own.

A Very Special Christmas Vol 2 (with the Paul Young track)
Michael Crawford's A Christmas Album
Michael Ball Christmas
David Foster The Christmas Album (this coincided with a tv special he did several years back)

Now I will tell you the songs that are likely to appear on this years Christmas mix, even though it's only August.

Bowie and Bing - Little Drummer Boy (Peace On Earth)
Michael Crawford - O Holy Night
Moody Blues - What Child Is This (I refuse to think about the new cd)
Band Aid - Do They Know It's Christmas
Captain Sensible - One Christmas Catalogue
Jill Sobule - Merry Christmas From the Family
Elvis Costello and the Cheiftains - St Stephen's Day Murders
Sting - Gabriel's Message
Alison Moyet - A Coventry Carol
Paul McCartney - Wonderful Christmas Time
XTC - Thanks for Christmas
Lennon and Wench - Happy Xmas (War is Over)