Sunday, August 10, 2003

Songs I Can't Live Without

Ok, because the Quintessential Burn is coming up, I'm starting to compile the songs that I just can't live without. I was told I can do a boxed set! Woot! I may be tempted to get carried away. Just imagine what these poor people are going to have to deal with when they put those shiny silver discs in their stereos.

Muwhahaha! Anyway...I've got a few dozen songs that I'm thinking of putting on the disc. I'm not sure how many this will end up being. Or if I might do it like the decade of song...and have it as songs from each decade I can't live without. It's a thought, I'm tossing around.

Oh, and I was reading some of the blogs today from people who are included in the quintessential burn and I have an idea. Someone had a blog anniversary and they offered a mix cd to the first few people that emailed them. Expect to see an offer from me in much the same vein at the end of the month. My Blog anniversary is Aug 28, I do believe. Do you love me yet?

But onto the songs I can't live without. That was the point of this blog after all. I'm going to list them by bands, since most of my favorite bands have a few songs I can't live without.


The Moody Blues

The Swallow
Talking Out of Turn
For My Lady
Cities
This is the Moment

Duran Duran

Like an Angel
Out of My Mind
Someone Else, Not Me
I Believe/All I Need to Know

Erasure

Worlds on Fire
In the Name of the Heart
Waiting for The Day


Depeche Mode

Somebody
A Question of Lust
Policy of Truth
Route 66

Paul McCartney

Off the Ground
Figure of Eight
Press
Waterfalls
Helen Wheels

Oingo Boingo

Spider
We Close Our Eyes
Long Breakdown
Try to Believe
Dream Somehow
Is This

The Damned

Lovesong
Eloise (Rock the Docks version)

Adam Ant

Manners and Physique
Room at the Top
Wonderful
Vive Le Rock
Stand and Deliver

Elton John

Latitudes
Made In England
I Don't Want to Go On With You Like That
Healing Hands


Billy Joel

Rosalinda's Eyes
We Didn't Start the Fire
Pressure

Annie Halsam

The Angels Cry (w/Justin Hayward)

Justin Hayward

Silverbird
Vincent
Raised On Love
Skimming Stones

The Beatles

For No One
Eleanor Rigby
Nowhere Man
Ticket to Ride
Something
I Me Mine
I Need You

Manfred Mann

The Mighty Quinnn

Madonna

Don't Cry for Me Argentina
You Must Love Me
Don't Tell Me
Human Nature
Express Yourself

More to come in the following days....

Editor's note: If your looking for Elvis Costello tracks...so am I! I can't decide...making a decision on Moody Blues tracks has hurt my brain enough today.