Wednesday, November 20, 2002


Random Thoughts About Music

Ok...to start with I've actually made some cd purchases this week. That's something I haven't done in quite awhile. Not because I spend time downloading or anything of that nature..but because I had no money until this past Friday!

These are the 3 cds I bought yesterday.

1. Alison Moyet - Hometime (this has been out for ages and I've never gotten around to buying it, and I adore Alf's voice)
2. Phil Collins - Testify (I don't know why..I've always enjoyed the pillsbury doughboy's music..I'm sick I know)
3. Julia Fordham - Concrete Love (Another vocalist I've been a fan of for ages..this album seems to have taken uber long to get it's release in the states..)

So those are my recommendations for the week...

Plus..The following Costello Reissues...Cos you must have every cd this man has ever made...Why? Cos the Music Whore has spoken...And I know what's good for your ears.

1. Elvis Costello - Mighty Like a Rose
2. Elvis Costello - Imperial Bedroom
3. Elvis Costello - Armed Forces..

If you can't buy them all at once...I recommend you pick them up in this order. Imperial Bedroom, Mighty Like a Rose , Armed Forces..

Not that one is better than the other..but Imperial Bedroom is a must have for any collection..It's truly a stellar recording..and that's the cd that is home to "Man Out of Time" and "Shabby Doll"

I think each disc has a song that makes you say..Oh God I have to own this!!

The other thing...besides burning that's been on my agenda lately..is downloading the MarkyMixes of some Erasure tracks...I'm very nearly done..They are some damn good mixes of the Cowboy tracks..I plan on getting them to cd..and doing some snazzy cover art for them!

Note to self...get a life!!!

0 comments: