Saturday, November 16, 2002



A FEW WORDS OF THANKS

I'm not sure if my life is returning to any semblence of normalcy, but I'm hoping it is at least starting too. These past few months haven't been easy for me..and I've hardly been myself, and I'd like to thank a few of my online friends for putting up with me.

They know who they are..but I feel the need to let them know anyway...Kristen, Kristin, Brighid, Lindsey, Sam, Christina, Lesley, Erin, Karen, Lissa, KJ...oh my god..and Linda..who was really helpful when I needed it most..

that old cliche "You don't know what you've got til it's gone" is so true..Especially when it comes to your job...I don't know how I would have kept even the smallest measure of my sanity if it hadn't been for this bunch...Cos for quite awhile it felt like my whole world was collapsing..and very little good was happening to me..

In that small amount of time I've had alot of disappointments..and a few really nice things happen to me..I don't think I ever went through a period in my life that was so full of ups and downs as the past 2 months..but it's all so very true..that "you get by with a little help from your friends"

I'm really overdoing the song quotes tonight..but as you all know..the music whore in me will find a way to bring a song into every discussion..A song..or Greg Proops...but he figures into these past 2 months more than he should...and more than a little bit in the ups and downs..I've experienced...but all in all I'm glad I've been able to watch and listen to him...because he can almost always get me to laugh...Except last night..when I was exhausted from cd burning...and more than a little frazzled from working..but the sight of him on Comedy Central did keep me smiling..if not laughing...

Cos sometimes after you've seen something so many times..you find yourself..agreeing with this Elvis Costello lyric

~You told the same joke to me too many times
I wish that someone would hit it
Just before you reach
Just before you reach
Just before you reach the punchline


But either way.I just wanted to send some cyber hugs to my online friends...and god knows I've probably missed a few..and they are going to give me hell for it too...

I'm rereading the first 11 pages of Man Out of Time..and I'm going to start working on that one for a bit...I'm also thinking of changing the title of An Innocent Man to You Want Her Too, as that seems more appropriate...

Signing out for the night.....to the strains of Sting's Every Breath You Take....

0 comments: