Thursday, November 28, 2002

My Tribute to George Harrison...which is also located at my Living In the 80's Obliviion Yahoo Group

What can I say about this man..It'll will be a year since his passing
tomorrow...I find myself finally able to listen to his music again.
The Beatles were a strong influence on me growing up. In fact the 2
bands I listened to the most in grade school were the Monkees and the
Beatles..

The Monkees were the first concert I attended..then Eric Clapton and
Paul McCartney...so you can see how far my taste in music reaches..

Well the other night I found myself watching the interview with
Olivia Harrison on the telly...and it was then that I realized that
George was a normal man...just like anyone else...More a normal man
than he was a Beatle...And more than that he was a man deeply touched
by spirituality...

It still saddens me to think that he's gone, that after
Brainwashed..there will never be anymore music from him. It also
saddens me..that other than the 2 cds with the Traveling
Wilburys...he hasn't done a record since 87's Cloud 9..which I
loved...regardless of what the critics say about it...

What I appreciate most about George's music was the fact that while
at times it can be deeply spiritual..it can also be
humorous...sarcastic...or even just plain romantic..]

I could recommend a list of songs that you should find and listen
to..but I would hope that it wouldn't be necessary...

I think the world isn't truly aware of what a good man George
was..and how important his contribution to music really was..


I still miss you George....

0 comments: