Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Responsibility

Not using the 20% coupon from Barnes and Noble is responsible. I did this. I'm sad about it, but I don't trust the economy right now and I need all the extra money I've got.

It is a shame our government on both sides isn't as responsible.

I never wanted this to be a politically motivated blog, but lately that's all that's on my mind and I get angrier by the minute, not just at Congress but at the idiots that live in this country that don't realize what's happening here and who really is to blame.

The Repugnants seem to think its ok to only extend the debt ceiling for 6 more months...you know so they can make Obama look bad, which is also why there are huge cuts to Social Security and Medicare in their plan. Basically if you aren't a rich old person, that party says drop dead you aren't needed. Your life and service to this country is over if we have to give you a dime.

Funny Canada has had issues with their social programs but they have things straightened out. If social security is taken away there is no way that small businesses can really succeed. How many small business owners can really afford pensions etc for employees that aren't family.

I'm truly afraid of what is going to happen in the coming weeks. I can't believe more people aren't angry and shouting at the rooftops. This game these politicians are playing is Russian Roulette and there are millions that will be affected by it. What of the truly infirm that are in nursing homes whose SS pays for their care. What of them when the SS check is withheld? What of people on medications that cost a mint who can't pay for the pills that keep them going?

Our gov't should be hanging their heads in shame at the chaos they are causing. And its funny but when you think of it...the terrorists have won, because it was 9/11 and the wars that those events started that really brought us to this point.

Rant ended for now.

2 comments:

Bilbo said...

I'd rather blog about books, music, travel, grandchildren, and other pleasant things, too. Unfortunately, grouchy blogging is the only outlet Real People like you and I have to let out our frustrations, since no one in office is listening. I'm with you on this one.

Mike said...

Good rant!