Saturday, February 01, 2003

Building a Perfect Mix

The Music Whore strikes again. I'm trying to compile a relaxing acoustic set of songs to fill a 80 minute cdr. I've been downloading and downloading lately. I want to thank Linds for getting me started with Rufus Wainwright. There goes some money when I start buying his cds and Eric for Peter Mulvey, whose cds are damn near impossible to find anywhere except online.

So far here are some of the selections I'm planning to put on cd.

Tori Amos- A Sorta Fairytale
Elvis Costello - The Big Light
Rufus Wainwright - Cigarettes and Chocolate Milk
Counting Crows - A Long December
The Devlins - Consent
Peter Gabriel - Solsbury Hill
Poe - Strange Wind (an interesting song co-written by my snuggle bunny elfyman)
Julia Fordham - Manhattan Skyline
Peter Mulvey - On the Way Up

I'm trying to decide if I want to add some Crowded House and Sarah Brightman's version of Scarborough Fair which I find to be quite lovely.

Then there will be the question of a title and some artwork. So much to think about.

0 comments: