Thursday, February 20, 2003

Another Fine Mess

Ah yes, get started making mix cds and you'll fast become obsessed and well disgusted. I just can't think of any good topics for mixes..and the sad thing was a few years back I used to be able to turn out all sorts of mixes at the drop of a hat.

What I need right now, are ideas for mixes...I'm just not inspired at all. And yet I'm so sick of listening to Elvis Costello's Blood and Chocolate on my way too and from work that I could just scream. The worse part is that when I make a mix tape, it's lifespan is so darn short. My car cdplayer eats them like candy.

I've also come to the conclusion that everytime I find a new favorite Costello cd, I get a new favorite song. In the last month my top 2 songs by the Dishy Devil Declan are "The Big Light" and "Next Time Round." Neither of which are on any of the mix cds that I've made previously.

Which really means I need to make a Costello Mix..but the decisions involved in that are just too tremendous right now.

Other bands that really need new mix cds made by me...

1. Erasure (I made one recently..but I'll be damned if I can find it)
2. Duran Duran (a cd that won't annoy me this time)
3. Paul McCartney

0 comments: