Sunday, February 02, 2003

In the mood for David Bowie

I've always been one of the few people that really is amused by David's music from the 80's. Sure it's nothing to leave you struck dumb at it's genius, but for the most part there are some damn good songs recorded in that period. Absolute Beginners is one of my favorite songs from the 80's plus the songs from Labyrinth. That was truly the best movie, and the video for Underground kicks ass. How often do you get to see the Thin White Duke dancing with muppets?

This brings me back to the project I was meaning to start weeks ago; making the perfect mix tape of Bowie material. I'm thinking of doing something on the romantic scale for the first Bowie cd; so I can get songs like Never Let Me Down, Thursdays Child and As the World Falls Down on the cd.

Personally I enjoy looking at the man. In the 80's Bowie was truly beautiful, though he's been pretty darn easy on the eyes for quite a long time.

But back to underappreciate Bowie material. The album Black Tie White Noise. How can you say this album isn't good? The singles from this record are fantastic, Jump They Say and Miracle Goodnight. It also helps that they have some interesting videos to go with them. Of course until the DVD for the New Best of Bowie came out, you never saw them in the US. Heaven forbid the music (ha ha) stations played something good.

I might add that I find the albums Hours, Outside and Heathen to be among some of his best. But enough for now, I have some cds to ponder.

0 comments: