Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Where Did All My Friends Go

I hate that my closest friends are either married and far away or just far away. It's very hard to be 32...well almost 33 and single. Marriage seems to take away anything in common that these people have with their single friends.

There's one person in town that I could call, but I don't bother, because what do I have to talk about with a woman that's been married for 10 years and has 2 kids. At some point that's what becomes her life. And that's not my life, so conversation would be stilted.

This all makes for a very lonely girl and a girl that depends way too much on her computer for companionship.

Blergh!

I found this icon on a friend's livejournal. Damn it hits way too close to home.



I never wanted to be a person like that. Then the computer came into my life...and suddenly it was my connection with the outside world, more so than the telephone. I think I can safely say, my best friend is someone I've never met and who I talk to online on a daily basis.

Another sad fact I've learned, you can't make someone like you or be friends with you. So I guess I'll just sit here in front of my computer and ponder how my life became so dependent on this stupid plastic box.

0 comments: