Sunday, June 24, 2007

Advertizing Really Works

For the last week or more The Pickle has run an ad for Meloni's summer salads. At least once an hour or more, the obnoxious jingle for this restaurant is played and I listened to the descriptions of three very tasty sounding salads.

Last year these commercials were pure torture, because I didn't know where the damn restaurant was. This year I do. And this year I decided I was going to try one.

The salad that really has been tempting me was The Bird Of Paradise. It's a half a pineapple with chicken salad and fruit. It's also pretty pleasing to the eye.



It was a pity to have to eat such a gorgeous creation, but it was worth every last bite. Yum. The tiramisu was tasty too.

My ever expanding ass would like to thank 99.3 The Pickle for the ads that lured me in. Damn them and all their restaurant commercials.

0 comments: