Monday, June 25, 2007

It's That Time Of The Year Again

In exactly 1 week I'll be 33. God, I don't even like typing that. 33. BAH! I feel old. I also feel like those 33 years I've lived have been a total waste.

I always seem to go through a myriad of emotions in the last weeks of June. This year it's been worse then ever. I think I've reached a new record for crying. Not a good thing, but then again, its that time of year, so I should be used to it, but I'm not.

Though this year I'm going to escape most of my family for my b-day. There will be no cake, no ice cream, no people singing happy b-day to me. I fully plan to be out of my house and in my old clunker of a car and on my way to Idlewild Park by 9:30 on Monday morning next week.

I would have chosen Kennywood, but I would have met with too much opposition from the parent of the 15 year old that I'm taking with me. Everyone would have wanted to go, but most couldn't, and well, I'm trying to avoid being with the whole family. That's the point of this. If I wanted it to be a normal b-day, I would have gone to work, listened to The Pickle and sighed from 8 - 10 and continued with my regular activities for the rest of the day.

I don't want to do that this year. I want to do something that's fun and Idlewild has always been fun for me. Hopefully that will make for a happy day next week. I'd say that I can't wait...but frankly I can. Next Monday doesn't have to get here for another 3 years for all I care.

0 comments: