Saturday, June 23, 2007

Songs To Cry To

My last post got me to thinking....there are a lot of songs out there that bring a tear to my eye.

2 songs quickly come to mind, Tom Jones' What's New Pussycat? and Justin Hayward's Sometimes Less Is More.

The first never ceases to make me cry because I sang and played that song constantly for my kitty, Misty back in December when she was dying of cancer. It was a horrible week for me. Every time I hear that song I can see her tiny grey body wasting away from the horrible disease. I can feel the pain of knowing that she wasn't going to get better and knowing that I had a decision to make and it's one that would mess with my head afterwards. I'm thankful every day that Misty chose to pass away at home, before I had to make the call to the vet. I loved her so very much. Just writing about her has brought a fresh batch of tears. My sweet little kitteh I loved her so.

Justin's song is just something that reminds me of my own stupidity. I should have heeded the advice in the lyrics and not got to carried away by the promise of something that wasn't likely to happen.

"This time I'm not going to go so crazy...I'm not going to let it phase me."

Ah Jus, why didn't I listen to you?

"And if it's real a heart will know all the time...and come the spring it will grow or die upon the vine. But if it's love, love will come knocking at the door. I do believe it now...sometimes less is more."

~wipes the tear~

From now on I listen to Jus...

"Oh heart you've learned your lesson...love is not obsession."

0 comments: