Friday, June 08, 2007

Pain! Oh the pain!

Stupid wisdom tooth. It's been about a year since the last time it decided to cause me grief. I should have known this was coming. I've known for about a month that it's finally made its way through my gums. Not entirely though, and that's why I get to suffer.

I've been taking Advil. I've been using Orajel. I know that it will likely go away in a few days, but I'm not sure I can stand the wait, especially in 90 degree heat.

If I thought I could deal with an extraction I'd be on the phone to my wonderful sado/masochistic person in a heartbeat, but extractions scare the hell out of me. The dentist can clean my teeth he just can't pull em. (Unless I'm totally out of it)

I keep thinking, $80 would be a small price to keep me from this pain once or twice a year. (It would save on the Advil to) OK, it would be more like $130, because he want to look at my teeth first, even though he saw them a little over a month and a half ago.

I just want to be able to chew normally again and get a good nights sleep. Is that too much to ask?

0 comments: