Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Take Me Back Tuesday - Week 127

From the same lady @ Music Memoirs that brings you all the other great memes, ME!

What sound (genre) defined the 80's for you?
For me it was definitely the New Wave sound. I loved the British Invasion of the 80's. There were so many good bands out of the UK then, Duran Duran, Erasure, Depeche Mode, Yazoo, The Pet Shop Boys. The list could go on forever and ever. And yes, it's CHEESY POP music. I'll have some wine with my cheesy 80's music thank you very much.

What band best defines the 80's?

Hands down: Duran Duran



These guys were the 80's. (Take that U2)

Which 80's artists/bands do you like the most?
Siouxsie and the Banshees - a totally awesome gothic/new wave/punk band. Siouxsie has an incredible voice that's still going strong.

Duran Duran - If only they weren't so freaking lazy! I swear they were supposed have an album out this summer.

Erasure - Vince Clarke and Andy Bell are synthpop titans!

Elvis Costello - Snarky brilliance, n'uff said.

Crowded House - Jangly guitar goodness, combined with wonderful vocals and brilliant songwriting. They have a new album out...I can't wait for it.

Icehouse - Australian brilliance. Electric Blue and Crazy are still 2 of my favorite songs.

Depeche Mode: What can I say...People are People and Everything Counts (in large amounts)

Def Leppard: My guilty pleasure hair band. I love me some Joe Elliot.

Bonus question

Duran Duran or Wham! (for the ladies)
Well I think the answer is obvious; DURAN DURAN!!

0 comments: