Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Take Me Back Tuesday - Week 129

From "me" @ Music Memoirs

Are there any bands that you've seen live that didn't impress you, or that sounded better on CD?
I don't think there were any artists that didn't impress me in anyway. I will say that Davy Jones does sound better on record then live on some tracks, particularly Daydream Believer. That song has always been a let down for me when I've heard it in concert, because it's such a favorite of mine.


Live albums? Love em or hate em? Why?

Hate em! Unless they are a bootleg, live CDs just suck. They filter out the good parts most of the time and I really don't want to listen to a concert that I didn't attend. Bootleg recordings are different, because all the little nuances stay in. Plus I like having copies of shows that I was at.

Mtv started the "Unplugged" concept...do you have any favorites and what are your feelings on the "Unplugged" series.
I loved Duran Duran's Unplugged as well as R.E.M.'s and a few others, but it was a concept that got old very quickly. Just like VH-1's storytellers, too much of a good thing can be bad. Oh and Unplugged Layla is the most vile thing I ever heard in my life. Eric Clapton should be ashamed.


What is your favorite live act?

Hands down, Elvis Costello. I shouldn't think that would surprise anyone, right?

0 comments: