Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Random Stuff and an Meme

~ Found this on Lodgey's official site and just giggled up a storm.



Lordy but he's such a cutie and a silly willy.

~ Mom has her monthly check on her pacemaker tomorrow. Each month its a wait and see thing to see if she's going to have to have her battery changed or get her new pacemaker with the defibrillator. It makes for a lot of nervous tension in the house.

~ The Melting Pot sent me a coupon for a free chocolate fondue for two with a dinner purchase. I need a two dammit. Where's a two when I need one. Looks around for anyone that wants to take me to dinner.

~ crickets ~

Fuqua. I always miss out on good stuff because I haven't a date. Pooh!

~ The Traveling Wilburys Deluxe Edition arrived at my doorstep yesterday. (Happy DANCE!!)

~ Take Me Back Tuesday from Music Memoirs! It's the beach edition.

A day at the beach....

What's the best music to chill out to for a day at the beach or the pool?
For me I like stuff that's a bit dancey or new age to chill out in the sand. Examples of my favorite chill out music:

Banderas - Ripe


(click to buy at amazon)

Sarah Brightman - Dive


(click to buy at amazon)

Erasure - I Say I Say I Say


(click to buy at amazon)

Do you have any favorite summer/beach themed songs?

I have a lot of "summer" themed songs and songs that conjure images of the beach that I like.

Duran Duran - Rio
Fountains of Wayne - It Must Be Summer
The Wallflowers - Feels Like Summer Again
Bernie Barlow - Golden
Cliff Richard - Summer Holiday
Jimmy Buffett - Who's The Blonde Stranger

I could go on and on.....

What's the best place to turn up the "Heat" for summer music in your area or somewhere you've vacationed? (ie concert venues, clubs what have you)
Nothing in Pittsburgh that really turns up the heat for me anymore, but Bally's on the Boardwalk in Atlantic City has a great beach bar. It's right on the beach, actually and the drinks are great and they have a live band on the weekends. Bliss!

What song best epitomizes a day at the beach for you.
Cliff Richard - On The Beach

0 comments: