Monday, June 04, 2007

I'm So Ashamed



I'm getting this Wilson Phillips CD from LaLa. Don't tell anyone.

I loved their debut album. It came out when I was in high school. There was absolutely nothing ground breaking to it. It was just a bunch of pretty songs. Plus I always wanted to have Chynna Phillips' hair cut.



For those of you that aren't familiar with the band, Chynna's the one with the short blonde hair. Mind you, I don't want to be a blonde, I just wanted the haircut.

But back to this album. It's a covers album. That's one of the reasons I had to have it.

Yes, I like torture. They covered some songs that no artist should try covering. They covered songs by their parents' respective bands. (The Beach Boys and The Mamas and The Papas) Then they covered...gasp....Fleetwood Mac...and Jackson Browne.

Yes, I like to listen to things that are train wrecks. But the way I see it, it's only $1.75. It can't be any worse than Duran Duran's Thank You album. That was so wretched, I don't even know where my copy is. And hey, if it really sucks, it wasn't a huge loss.

0 comments: