Thursday, June 23, 2011

Three Bean Chili

I thought I'd share a recipe with you guys today. I made a totally awesome and not too spicy chili for my family yesterday.

Here's what you need.

1.5 lbs ground meat
A handful of frozen onion
A quarter of a med green pepper chopped
2 tablespoons of butter
2 cans tomato soup
1 jar (small) mild salsa
1 can of pinto, northern and light kidney beans drained

Toppings:
cheese and sour cream

Directions.

Place onions, green pepper and butter in the dutch oven.
When the onions are transluscent, add the ground meat and brown. If you want to season the meat with chili powder, now is the time. I also like to add a few sprinkles of Nature's Seasoning
Add soup and salsa.
When the sauce is seasoned to your liking add the beans and cook until heated through.

Serves 5-8

3 comments:

Mike said...

Beans - not to good for some peoples' digestive system. 3 kinds of beans, 3 kinds of problems.

Bilbo said...

I prefer my chili without beans, but Agnes likes them...so we usually compromise and make it with beans.

Nikki - Notes of Life said...

Sounds nice. I can't eat anything remotely spicy, but will pass this on to my bro.