Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Sad But True

Last week I paid for my dad's ER visit from April. I called the hospital and gave them my info over the phone. I've done this many times before, from my labs at the gyne. I've never had a problem doing that, UNTIL NOW!

When I pay anything with a debit card, it instantly goes through the system. So when Friday rolled around and I hadn't seen the charge on my account, I called back.

I didn't want my CC info floating around the hospital either.

The woman working in billing felt the info might have inadvertently been shredded, so I gave my info AGAIN!

That day around 2 o'clock, the charge showed up on my account.

Yay the bill had been paid.

But wait, it gets better.

Yesterday, I log into my bank account..and it was paid TWICE!

ARGH!

So I call the hospital, and this is what they tell me. Because it was paid and had some insurance dealings...I can't get the extra $50.00 refunded until they get their money from Highmark.

WTF!

I joked with my father that he should go to the ER so that my $50.00 would be put to good use. He didn't like that idea much. However he had a coughing spell today that had us thinking he might have taken me a bit too seriously.

Pass the alcohol please

3 comments:

Mike said...

Charge them a daily late fee.

Bilbo said...

Typical blame-it-on-the-insurance-company dodge. Good luck getting that $50 back any time soon. Sorry.

Jean-Luc Picard said...

That $50 might be hard to get.