Monday, June 06, 2011

Missing Mondays

I miss summer vacation. Not just a few days off of work but the long May to August we had when we were in high school. The time when all you had to do was kick back and read on the beach chair in the yard, or drive to the lake or the yearly trips to Erie or Lancaster. Mmm now I'm missing Good N' Plenty and their fabulous chicken.

~sigh~

Mind you, I don't miss high school one iota.

But I do miss vacations and days off for most holidays..and SNOW DAYS. OK, I don't want any snow days right now, but you get my point right?

I want some time off!

And while I'm at it...I'm missing a time when I didn't care about politics, because seeing all the repugnant canditates for 2012 is making me a bit sick to my stomach and putting me in an even bigger need for a vacation!!!

So what are you missing?

3 comments:

Jean-Luc Picard said...

Politics is not something to bother about. Enjoy your life

Mike said...

'I don't miss high school one iota.'

Me neither. Worst six years of my life.

rashbre said...

It's amazing how early the overt US positioning for Nov 2012 kicks in.

And how bonkers some of it already looks.