Tuesday, June 07, 2011

Things I Like About Summer

1. Longer days: At least I feel like they are longer. It is amazing what some sunshine can do for your productivity, at least when it comes to housework!

2. Fruit festivals: The first one of the season is this weekend! Strawberries at Triple B Farms! Then blueberries and raspberries and peaches. Mmmm Mmmmm Nommy!

3. Visits to Critter Country Animal Park: This is one of my favorite reasonable afternoon past times. I have some pictures from Memorial Day that I have to get posted on Flickr soon. The peacocks at the park were quite fun.

4. Lots of great new books: I swear more authors release goodness over the summer. I have a Nook full of good things to read right now.

5. Butterflies: As soon as the thistle is in bloom, the butterflies start showing up. I love butterflies!

6. Roadtrips: I'm not sure I'm getting any this year, but small jaunts to not too far away places are always fun.

What do you love about summer?

3 comments:

Mike said...

No snow.

Bilbo said...

1. Sitting out on the porch/deck at the end of a long day and sipping a nice gin and tonic.

2. Beautiful ladies in summer dresses.

Nikki - Notes of Life said...

I like the longer days too :)