Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Pierogie Casserole

Last week we bought a cookbook from a local organization and it had a recipe for pierogie lasagne/casserole. The cookbook's recipe was a little too involved for me considering I have to get a meal together quickly once I get home from work. So I went hunting for another recipe.

Here's the one I'm going to try on Friday, only I'm going to use more than a cup of mashed potatoes. In the comments most people seemed to be going with about 4 cups. Cheese should be Cheddar or a Cheddar mix.



I found this at Food.com
Ingredients:Servings:
4-6 Servings


1 cup mashed potatoes (instant or leftovers is fine)
1 lb shredded cheddar cheese
3/4 cup butter
2 -3 medium onions, diced
9 -12 lasagna noodles

Directions:
Prep Time: 10 mins

Total Time: 40 mins
1 Cook noodles as directed on package to al dente.
2 Saute onions in 1 stick of butter (may use more if desired).
3 Butter 13x9 inch pan with remaining 1/2 stick butter.
4 Mix sauteed onions with mashed potatoes.
5 Layer noodles, then potatoes, then cheese, and repeat, ending with cheese.
6 Cover with foil and bake in a 350° oven for 25-30 minutes or until cheese is melted.

3 comments:

END4uRIP said...

Why bother with all that cooking when you can get the best pierogies at http://Pierogies.us . They are way better than I could ever make!

Jean-Luc Picard said...

I don't know how cto say it, let alone cook it.

Mike said...

Where's the beef?!