Monday, December 08, 2008

Little By Little

I brought a few more things up from Grandma's house yesterday. We're still finding more and more cards that were sent to her over the years. Birthday, Valentine's Day, Christmas etc. She kept each and every one it seemed.

Its funny, most of us throw those things out after a week or two, but not my gran. She has a house full of them.

I guess she wanted to remember everyone who loved her and cared enough to get her cards.

It made me feel bad that I never put that much store in cards. I always thought that just saying I love you was enough. I always found for me, that cards don't say what I want them to, they say what you think the person wants to hear, and that always came off as insincere to me.

All of this makes me hope she knew just how very much I love her and god, I miss her terribly.

0 comments: