Wednesday, November 05, 2008

My Final Words On The Election

Besides Yay! I want to say that I am so totally in awe of both candidates right now. Both McCain's concession speech and Obama's victory speech showed how good Americans they both are.

Perhaps if McCain could have kept his campaign half as dignified as his speech last night he would have had a fighting chance.

Both men made me feel proud to be an American.

I am however pleased as punch with the outcome. It was a hard choice for me to make too, as Hillary was my candidate of choice. That hard choice left the minute McCain picked Palin as his VP. That woman scared the hell out of me.

So many people felt this was a lessor of two evils contest. Maybe it was but it still made so many people in this country passionate about who got elected.

Its a shame that the only way for that to happen was to have 8 years of hell and a tanked economy. I'm hoping Obama gives his supporters reason to stay passionate over the next 4 years.

God Bless Obama and keep him safe and God bless America, a country I feel proud to call my own for the first time in 8 years.

0 comments: