Thursday, November 13, 2008

Congrats To Lady Antebellum



I watched the CMA Awards last night. I actually enjoyed it. I guess I'm slowly becoming a fan of country music. I loved Brad Paisley as one of the co-hosts.

The performances were all pretty darn good, but I have to say Lady A was my favorite. Perhaps I'm partial because I've seen them live and I think Charles Kelly is just the cutest thing.

Here's a list of all the winners, and oddly I agreed and called several of them earlier in the day. I'm also thrilled that Sugarland won, as they are my second favorite country band right now.

• Entertainer of the Year: Kenny Chesney
• Female Vocalist: Carrie Underwood
• Male Vocalist: Brad Paisley
• New Artist: Lady Antebellum
• Vocal Group: Rascal Flatts
• Vocal Duo: Sugarland
• Single of the Year: "I Saw God Today," George Strait
• Album of the Year: Troubador, George Strait
• Song of the Year: "Stay," Jennifer Nettles
• Musical Event: Robert Plant and Alison Krauss, "Gone, Gone, Gone"
• Music Video: Brad Paisley, "Waitin' on a Woman"
• Musician: Mac McAnally, guitar

0 comments: