Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Missing You

This is going to be the first Thanksgiving/Holiday Season without grandma. Its been exactly 7 months since her passing and I can't talk about her with getting teary eyed.

Her house is mine, in name, but I can't think of it as such. In fact, I wish the market were better so that I could sell it, only its across the street from my home, so I'll probably be upset when new people take over, because that house will always be GRANDMA'S! Its a Catch 22.

The next month or so going to be hard for us. That empty seat at the dinner table tomorrow will be the reminder that one that was so important to us is no longer here.

I can only hold fast to my belief that she's with god and that somehow she'll be with us throughout the day in spirit.

But then I think. If this was my first year with god, and the first year that I've seen my family that have all long since passed, why would I want to check in on those that we left in this world?

Oh yes, I remember...She loves us more.

I love you more Grandma.

Those words were almost a joke when you said them, but we know you meant them and I miss hearing them.

Its going to be a rough few days here, but I know we'll get through them. I only hope I can keep the tears to a minimum.

0 comments: